Thursday, May 14, 2009

Tim's Testicle Tale

During high school, I had the pleasure in one class of sitting at a shared table with a guy who combined my two most favorite qualities - wittiness and laziness. No matter what someone said, his snarky reply included a reference to his left nut. Lines such as "that's as funny as my left nut" and "that's as smart as my left nut" became recurring contributions to the daily discourse. One day, while wearing the now completely unfashionable too-short shorts of the time, he was leaning back in his chair with his feet propped against the table. The teacher came over and asked rather politely to put his feet on the ground. Before he began the process, I turned my head and was confronted with the reason - there was brain on display. He quickly realised the situation and promptly brought his feet to the ground.

While his embarrassment still lingered in the air, I muttered "Well, now that we've seen it I guess we can all compare things to your left nut." He never uttered the phrase again.

No comments:

Post a Comment