Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A moment's silence please

Today at 12 o'clock, while I was out talking to media about how I survived cancer, my friend Liz Montgomery died from it. She was 37 and leaves behind a husband and two young kids.

It is a strange irony she was the first person I told, after Annabelle, when I was diagnosed. We were working together at JWT, see. Liz was one of those super friendly, super kind people, I really enjoyed working with her. She was really enthusiastic about life and enjoying it. And all through the cancer she kept her humour and cool. I think some people call it dignity.

For anyone who knew her too, the funeral is Friday 15 May, 11am at Walter Carter Bondi Junction.

Just a reminder that, sadly, cancer isn't all free beer and ball jokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment