Thursday, May 28, 2009

Book Launch: The Aftermath

Well I think I've just woken up after a week trying to catch my eyelids. All I can say is that the launch was one of the best nights I've had in a long time and I thank you all for being a part of it. From what I hear everyone had a top time too. Notable moments were my Dad requesting me write another book because he had so much fun, Sarah McCarthy going home and reading the book by midnight and the venue liking the Skinny Blonde beer so much that they asked for the details to buy it in next time. A big round of applause to Ian Olver and Paul Wilson too who I think you'll agree were funny, poignant and brief all at the same time. Exactly the three things you want out of a speech.

We went through all of Berkelouw's stock of books plus two more boxes from the boot of my car and all the beer. That's right, nine cases. And to think the Berkelouw people laughed at me when I brought in four. Ha, they didn't know what you fine thirsty folk are capable of.

Ben Ando took the prize of book number one with his rather impressive eyewatering Testicle Tale, Twister. It was a unanimous crowd vote. Onya Benny. Runners up were Ben Still for Wuxi Finger and Josh Bryer for Boardshorts.

Probably the most interesting statistic of the night (or maybe it's just me) is that we sold more books than there were people in attendance. Hey that's pretty impressive. So in the spirit of meaning everything I said on the night, I have just one word for you: Gratitude.

Now, where to next? Well this is where the real Guerilla Marketing starts. We have a few ideas for how to get this book noticed and out in the hands of the good people of the world. For what, you'll just have to stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment